Education & Bar Admissions
- Bachelor of Arts, International Affairs and Political Science, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Juris Doctor, Ohio Northern University
- Bar Admissions: Colorado Bar
- Top 40 Under 40, Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers, Colorado, The National Trial Lawyers
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
El Paso County Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
Ben S. Wendelken Inn of Courts
The National Trial Lawyers
- Speaker on “Prosecuting Domestic Violence Cases,” Ending Violence Against Women Task Force, 2017
- Speaker on “Sexual Assault Cases,” Colorado District Attorney’s Counsel, Advanced County Court Course, 2015
- Speaker on “404(b) Evidence”, Colorado District Attorney’s Counsel, Fall Conference, 2016
The legal process can be scary and people face many hard questions. Attorneys should be compassionate and zealous advocates for their clients in ensuring that the process does not become overwhelming, and that is what I bring to the table.
Ryan Robertson is Robinson & Henry’s Lead Criminal Defense Attorney. Prior to entering private practice, Ryan served as a Deputy District Attorney for the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office in El Paso and Teller Counties. During his time in the DA’s office, Ryan prosecuted a wide range of criminal cases, including homicides, sexual assaults, and domestic violence offenses.
A zealous advocate for his clients in the courtroom and at the negotiation table, Ryan is fully prepared to fight for them. As a former deputy district attorney, Ryan has first-hand insight into how the prosecution will try to prove his client’s guilt at trial. This experience allows Ryan to provide clients with a more well-rounded and effective representation.
An empathetic attorney and a good listener, Ryan understands his clients risk losing everything from their reputation to their freedom if they are convicted. He knows sugarcoating their case’s outlook does not benefit them. Instead, Ryan is always forthright about the strength of the prosecution’s case, giving clients the “good and bad” no matter the circumstances.
Ryan thoroughly analyzes every aspect of a case to develop the best practicable approach to achieve the most favorable outcome. Clients receive a 360-degree review of their case’s possible scenarios. For example, if a client receives a plea deal offer, Ryan will demonstrate to the client how accepting a sentence may mitigate the possible short- and long-term damage they could face should they lose at trial.
When Ryan is away from the office, he relishes quality time with his girlfriend and their pets. Ryan enjoys trivia, and he participates in a burgeoning form of entertainment called escape rooms where players use their wits to solve clues to “escape” enclosed spaces. A native of Philadelphia, Ryan is an avid Eagles fan. Fly, Eagles, Fly!