Summons given to wife


Someone came to our house and gave my wife a summons for me. She refused to sign it and they put it on the ground. Do I still have to go to court?

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on April 14, 2016 6:29 am
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

Hi Annonymous:

The rule for service of a summons and complaint provides that an individual can be served “by leaving a copy thereof at the person’s usual place of abode, with any person whose age is eighteen years or older and who is a member of the person’s family.” So the likely answer to your question is yes, though depending on the specific circumstances there may be a basis to quash service.

-Eric D. Lund

Marked as spam
Posted by Eric Lund (Questions: 0, Answers: 1)
Answered on April 14, 2016 7:58 am