I rent a room in someones house and been violated


I rent a room from the owner of the house I live in. I was violated one day I was sleeping and the owner picked my bedroom lock on my bedroom door and came in and yelled and complained about me sleeping without my permission. Can I get a restraining order on the owner of the house? If so, does that mean the owner cannot come back to their own house? Or would I have to leave because I just rent a room out in the owners house

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on August 31, 2020 1:12 am
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

You may be able to get a restraining order. Your likelihood of success is dependent upon the facts, i.e. can you show that you are in danger of being physically harmed. If you get a restraining order it is likely that the restrained individual would not be allowed back into the house in which you live.
This can get complicated, I recommend that you call 303-688-0944 (24/7) or schedule a free case assessment at https://calendly.com/case-assessment/case-assessment

Marked as spam
Posted by donald@robinsonandhenry.com (Questions: 0, Answers: 282)
Answered on August 31, 2020 12:54 pm