Rent Increase Support


Hi R&H- I’ve been allowing my month-t0-month tenants (of many years) to pay $1000/month below market rents and I would like to increase their rent to $200 below market. They are unresponsive to my request to sign a new lease agreement. I’m wondering what services your firm might provide so that I can properly ensure confirmation that they have received my rent increase notification. I’m hoping they can amicably sign the new lease, but if not, I want to ensure I’ve properly notified them of their new rent cost.

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on February 13, 2021 2:25 pm
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

We can help you, we represent many landlords up and down the front range. The facts you present are not unusual. Your duties WRT notice of increase rent will depend upon the language of your lease and likely customary communication which has been established over the years.
I recommend scheduling a free case assessment to discuss the facts of your lease with one of our attorneys. You can schedule a free case assessment 24/7 by calling 303-688-0944 or online at At your appointment, we'll meet by phone or video (Zoom), we'll discuss your tenants, concerns, desired results, rights, remedies, the law, the process, timeline, how we can help, costs, etc.

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 282)
Answered on February 14, 2021 3:04 pm