probate on real property


My son, my wife and I jointly own vacant property valued at about $6000. My son was married and passed away without a will. Do we need to go through probate to remove his name and add his wife?

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on March 1, 2020 11:54 am
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

How to handle this depends on whether your jointly held the title as Joint Tenants (with right of survivorship) or as Tenants in Common. If Tenants in Common, which is likely in CO, then his estate owns his 1/3 of the property and his estate needs to open a probate to distribute his assets per the CO Statutes. You should call us at 303-688-0944 and speak to our Probate attorney to assist you via a free initial case assessment.

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 282)
Answered on March 1, 2020 3:18 pm