Q&A > Question

Your Legal Questions Answered

question iconI have a power of attorney for mom but I recently changed my last name after a marriage, do I have to do a completely different power of attorney form or do I bring my marriage license with me when I need to use the power of attorney?
answer icon

The power of attorney form is not invalidated by your name change. The bank will likely require proof of identification, and your marriage license should suffice. Next time your mom updates the power of attorney she can update your name. We recommend updating powers of attorney every 3 -5 years.

The foregoing information is general information only and should not be relied upon to take, or fail to take, legal action. No attorney-client relationship is formed by this information.
small picture of attorney bill henry
Bill Henry
OtherDec 13, 2021
Still can’t find what you’re looking
for? Ask a laywer
Start your Free Case Assesment
Find out your legal options.
DisclaimerThe response posted is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
© Copyright 2023, Robinson & Henry, P.C.