Medicaid Income Trust


My mother is 95, bed bound and in frail health. We need to set up an income trust to put her social security payments in so she can continue to get Medicaid. This is her only form of income. I am her daughter and caretaker and I take care of everything else. We had a bad time getting her on Medicaid as they insist that my income is also hers. She now has Medicaid and we need to keep it as we are on a fixed, low budget.

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on June 11, 2020 10:21 am
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

Colorado recognizes a Miller Trust, which is a Medicaid Income Trust, which allows people that are income disqualified to qualify for Medicaid. Your income should not be imputed to your mother, so I would need to learn more to understand what is actually happening.
Feel free to contact us for a free case assessment with one of our Elder Law attorneys at (303) 688-0944 so we can give you more specific advice to your particular case.

Marked as spam
Posted by Bill Henry (Questions: 1, Answers: 75)
Answered on June 11, 2020 10:42 am