Mechanic’s Lien – Failure to file suit next steps


The state in question is Colorado.

A recorded lien on my property is about to become invalid due to a failure to file suit in a timely manner. What steps do I need to take to get the recorded lien off of my property? A demand letter, a form for the county clerk and recorder?

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on September 12, 2016 8:16 am
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

Once a document is on public record is it forever on public record. The proper way to “remove” the lien is to have the lienor sign and file a release of lien.

Marked as spam
Posted by Don Eby (Questions: 0, Answers: 18)
Answered on September 12, 2016 8:52 am