I have been apart from my husband for 8+ years. Have tried several times to complete divorce process and paperwork with him but he won’t return any information that I send him. Is it possible to complete a divorce without his input or information?


He lives in a fifth wheel trailer with no physical address only a po box which is not current. He has met with me on occasion and has agreed to fill out papers but when I give them to him to complete, he disappears for weeks at a time. He doesn’t work but has a phone. He claims he is disabled, but I suspect he is not as ill as he describes. We have no children together and I do not want any money or anything, just to complete this divorce and change my name back to my maiden name.

Marked as spam
Posted by LMN
Asked on February 1, 2016 2:18 pm
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

It is absolutely possible to obtain a divorce without his participation. You will need to have him served with the divorce papers but with some planning, you can have a final Orders hearing wherein you will need to ask for an appropriate division of the marital assets and debts but will get a divorce and consistent Court Orders whether or not he is there or provides any input.

Marked as spam
Posted by James Garts (Questions: 0, Answers: 0)
Answered on February 1, 2016 3:21 pm