I cant afford my child support payments


I pay 3 child supports out to 3 different mothers, I cannot keep up with my bills and child support with my pay. Is there any way i can modify the payments on all of them? Im drowning in everyday bills and cant afford to live, I make way less then all the mothers, is there anyway I can get the payments lowered?? please help.

Marked as spam
Posted by a concerned father
Asked on December 29, 2016 3:21 pm
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

Yes, there is a way to modify child support as it is based upon each parent’s income or ability to earn as well as the amount of parenting time each exercises and the child’s healthcare and work-related day care expenses. There are other considerations but that is the basic information needed for support calculation. In order to qualify for a modification you must show that there is a substantial and continuing change in circumstances that results in a 10% change in the ultimate child value when recalculated with the new facts. Thus, you might want to meet with one of our family lawyers to assess the potential change in support and if it makes sense to file motions in your cases and engage in the process of support modification. We can do one free initial consultation that will include legal advice and a consideration of your unique circumstances.

Marked as spam
Posted by James Garts (Questions: 0, Answers: 5)
Answered on December 30, 2016 5:29 pm