Default judgment


My motion to set aside default judgment was granted. I know that I still owe the debt of the defaulted car loan since I was the 2nd co-signer. What do I need to do from here? I The courthouse in El Paso county told me the judgment was vacated, but I am not sure what I need to do…

Marked as spam
Posted by O
Asked on May 11, 2016 1:16 pm
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

You can do a couple of things, you can wait and hope that they don’t try to collect on the debt again and go away, you could look at filing bankruptcy to get rid of the underlying debt, or you could attempt to settle the claim with the creditor directly.

Marked as spam
Posted by Elizabeth Domenico (Questions: 0, Answers: 5)
Answered on May 12, 2016 12:29 pm