Collecting Family Law Judgments?


I have two judgments against my ex husband, as well as several things he was court-ordered to pay at our last court appearance in 2010. He has been self-employed and provided self-prepared financial documents to the court as proof of his income (claiming he made less than minimum wage). He has not paid any judgment nor court ordered expense, but recently purchased an international franchise and has about a hundred contract employees. I also learned he purchased a home, luxury cars and is named as the manager of his family’s living trust. How can I collect these judgments and court ordered expenses, as well as possibly outside Contempt and/or Perjury?

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on October 1, 2019 11:54 am
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

Your question is rather complex, and you have several options that you could explore. If your ex-husband is refusing to pay court-ordered expenses, then you may have a case against him in contempt, pursuant to C.R.C.P. 107. Additionally, you could attempt to serve your ex with interrogatories pursuant to C.R.C.P. 69 to learn more about his financial situation. The processes involved in either of the above-mentioned options are nuanced and require a greater level of explanation and detail than I can provide here. You should make an appointment with an experienced attorney to discuss your options regarding enforcing your order and collecting the money that is owed to you.

Marked as spam
Posted by (Questions: 0, Answers: 6)
Answered on October 1, 2019 3:41 pm