Child support


I js received a call from child’s support services here in Colorado, from a woman i used to date who had a child back in april of this year. There is a chance that the child could mine. Should i have an attorney during this process?

Marked as spam
Posted by Duane Powell
Asked on August 29, 2016 2:54 pm
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

Mr. Powell:

It is imperative that you seek the advice of an attorney that has experience with these types of matters. Paternity suits and child support cases are extremely complex and require understanding of various areas of law. You have rights that you should review with an attorney, for example the allocation of parental responsibilities including parenting time. You could be on the hook for past and future child support. Having an attorney that can review the documents, advise you and represent your interests professionally can be extremely helpful.

Marked as spam
Posted by James Townsend (Questions: 0, Answers: 2)
Answered on September 1, 2016 10:52 am