What are the risks of wire transfers?
Unfortunately, wire transfers have become more risky lately. Once upon a time, wire transfers were probably the safest way anyone could ever transfer money. But the risks now in the age of email and identity theft are that someone will convince someone who has the ability to send money that they are someone who they’re not. And once they have information that allows them to gain access to account documents or transactions then there’s only a few more steps before they could get their hands on the money and disappear to another country.
Call us today at 303-688-0944 to begin your free case assessment.
More Q&As on this Topic:
- What is wire fraud?
- Who is responsible if I am scammed in a wire transaction?
- Why has there been an acceleration of wire fraud?
- How can a bank be held responsible in a wire fraud case?
- What are the risks of wire transfers?
- What are banks obligated to do in Colorado in a wire fraud case?
- Do banks have a responsibility to try to interevene in potential wire fraud?
- What are banks’ obligations in wire fraud cases?