Q&A: What are My Legal Options if My Contractor Never Completed the Work on My Home?

February 19, 2019 | Bill Henry

What are my legal options if my contractor never completed the work on my home?

Many times, homeowners contend that they hired a contractor to do a job and the contractor abandoned the job. We call it abandonment. Certainly there’s a few ways to handle that. You can, first off, demand that the contractor comes back, if he doesn’t then you could hire another contractor to come in and finish the work and ultimately bring suit against the original contractor for your damages. Your damages are the amount that the replacement contractor charged you in excess of your original contract price.

Call 303-688-0944 today to begin your free case assessment.

More Q&As on This Topic:

More Than Just Lawyers. Lawyers for Your Life.

Learn more about our law firm’s philosophy and values.