“I understand the difficulties and stresses associated in dealing with the IRS. I also know that each case is unique and requires its own specific plan of action. That’s why I work in a client-first approach – your case and your needs come first. “
Education & Bar Admissions
- Juris Doctor, Arizona State University – Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2012-2014
- Master of Laws, Taxation – University of Denver, 2015-2016
- Bachelor of Science, Humanities – Northern Arizona University, 2009-2012
- Bar Admissions: Colorado Bar 2016, Arizona Bar 2015, Tax Court 2016, Federal District Court 2016 and District of Colorado 2016
- Denver Business Journal’s Top 50 Largest Law Firms, 2016 Edition
- A+ Rated by the BBB, Robinson & Henry, P.C.
Publications & Speaking Events
- Speaker,Taxes Under Trump, 2017
- Speaker, Servicios de la Raza, 2017
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association
Lucas is currently working for Robinson & Henry on a ‘of counsel’ basis. Lucas regularly speaks on taxes and other topics in and around the Denver area. Through his intricate knowledge of the IRS and other taxing authorities, Lucas is able to advise both business owners and individuals on how to best structure their tax dealings.
Lucas has successfully helped many clients resolve tax debt and reach negotiation agreements with the IRS by utilizing the tax code to keep money in his client’s pockets. In two cases, Lucas’ clients were told they owed $100,000+ in unpaid taxes. For one client, Lucas argued a settlement with the IRS for $21,000 when the IRS claimed the original amount owed was $160,000 – saving his client $139,000. Another client facing an IRS bill of $100,000 ended up owing nothing after being represented by Lucas, and was even refunded monies previously paid to the IRS.