“I can tailor solutions to your particular needs, your particular challenges and your particular circumstances to make sure you’re getting a solution at this difficult time of your life that’s most well suited to you and what you need; and most importantly to make sure your children come through on the other end in the best possible place.”
Education & Bar Admissions
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Law – Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Philosophy – Kansas State University, 2007
- Master of Laws, Taxation – Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2012
- Bar Admissions: Colorado Bar 2013
- Top 40 Under 40 Family Law Attorney in Colorado, 2018
- On the Rise: Top 40 Young Lawyers Award Nominee, American Bar Association, 2017
- 10 Best: Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016 and 2017
- Avvo Client’s Choice Award, 2017
- Denver Business Journal’s Top 50 Largest Law Firms, 2016 Edition
- A+ Rated by the BBB, Robinson & Henry, P.C.
Publications & Speaking Events
- Presenter, The Divorce Mastermind Group’s monthly meeting, “High Conflict Divorce: Making the Best of a Bad Situation,” 2017
- Article, “Unique Challenges of Advising Older Clients in Divorce Cases,” Denver Bar Association Docket Magazine, April/May 2017 Issue
- Article, “Modifying Child Support,” CastleRockCO.com
- Speech, Castle Rock Rotary Club, “Family Law Process and Procedures”
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Colorado Bar Association Modern Law Practice Initiative Committee Member
- Douglas/Elbert County Bar Association
- Castle Pines Chamber of Commerce
- Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Colorado Bar Association
A native of Wichita, Kansas, Joe earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree, cum laude, from Kansas State University with a major in Philosophy and a minor in Spanish. His time as a member of the debate team sparked an interest in the law and public policy, which led Joe to attend Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan.
While in law school, Joe worked as a law clerk for solo practitioners in Michigan on both civil and criminal cases in trial and appellate courts. This breadth of experience prepared him to start his own firm when he moved to Colorado, where he worked on a variety of issues for clients up and down the Front Range before joining Robinson & Henry, P.C.
Joe is firmly committed to providing direct and practical legal services that are responsive to his clients’ needs and objectives and which adhere to the highest ethical commands of the profession. He understands that every case presents a different set of circumstances and poses its own challenges and thus he approaches each case as a unique opportunity to help you through one of the most difficult times of your life.
Since 2003, Joe has volunteered his time coaching little league baseball in the summers as well as coaching and judging middle school, high school, and college debate during the school year. He is proud to be a Life Member of the Kansas State University Alumni Association, and his family is equally proud to call Castle Rock, Colorado their new home.