"I understand the difficulties and stresses associated in dealing with the IRS. I also know that each case is unique and requires its own specific plan of action. That's why I utilize a client-first approach – your case and your needs come first."
Education & Bar Admissions
- Master of Laws, Taxation – University of Denver, 2015 – 2016
- Juris Doctor, Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2012 – 2014
- Bachelor of Science, Humanities, Northern Arizona University, 2009 – 2012
- Bar Admissions: Colorado Bar 2016, Arizona Bar 2015, Tax Court 2016, Federal District Court 2016 and District of Colorado 2016
- Denver Business Journal’s Top 50 Largest Law Firms, 2016 Edition
- A+ Rated by the BBB, Robinson & Henry, P.C.
Publications & Speaking Events
- Speaker at Taxes Under Trump, 2017
- Speaker at Servicios de la Raza, 2017
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association
Lucas is a tax attorney with Robinson & Henry. With a focus on tax law, he routinely speaks on this and other topics in and around the Denver area. Through his intricate knowledge of the IRS and other taxing authorities, Lucas is able to advise both business owners and individuals on how to best structure their tax dealings.
Lucas has successfully helped many clients resolve tax debt and reach negotiation agreements with the IRS by utilizing the tax code. In two cases, Lucas’ clients were told they owed $100,000+ in unpaid taxes. For one client, Lucas argued a settlement with the IRS for $21,000 when the IRS claimed the original amount owed was $160,000, saving his client $139,000. Another client facing an IRS bill of $100,000 ultimately owed nothing after being represented by Lucas, and was even refunded monies previously paid to the IRS.
When Lucas is not practicing law, he enjoys traveling around Colorado with his wife, Michelle and their dog, Roxy.