What can I do?


I’m on disability, my ex boyfriend repeatedly assaulted me and once I caught a fb charge when I defended myself, though the charges were dropped, but I still have the charge on my record and can’t afford to have it expunged. I have a video of him beating me up and knocking me unconscious. At that time I was too scared to pursue charges, but I am not now. But I’m not sure if it’s too late or not to pursue charges.
I can provide messages from when he was stalking me, and even now, I have to change my number and email regularly to avoid him. He even scared me so bad I’ll into leaving with him at one point even though I didn’t want to where he held me for an entire weekend against my will. I’m still scared for my life, and I don’t know what I can do. Please, any advice would be appreciated.

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on April 21, 2022 6:25 am
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

To pursue criminal charges against your ex-boyfriend, you will need to contact the police or local prosecutors office. If you decide you want to have your arrest records sealed, you can contact us for a free case assessment to discuss the cost and next steps.

Marked as spam
Posted by Bill Henry (Questions: 0, Answers: 97)
Answered on April 21, 2022 8:14 am