What can I do for an employer that refuses to pay me.


I got hired as an EMT in Colorado, I worked for 3 days then things came up and had to leave the job, I got hired when only having the national registry and cpr certifications, not state cert. The employer never mentioned the state cert (which I didn’t know you had to have to officially be an EMT) and decided to hire me. Few weeks went by and I never gotten paid for the 3 days that I worked. I called the employer and he proceed to tell me I’m not getting paid because I did not have my state cert. I was never asked to show it nor give it to them during the hiring process. What do I do?

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on January 17, 2022 4:38 pm
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

Employees in Colorado have a right to be paid earned wages. If an employer fails to pay all earned wages, the employee may make a written demand for payment. After receiving the written demand, the employer has 14 days to pay the full amount owed to the employee. If the employer fails to do this, they are liable for not only the wages but a penalty, and attorney fees. I would suggest reviewing the following article, which will give you an idea of your rights: https://www.robinsonandhenry.com/colorado/business/understanding-the-colorado-wage-claim-act/

If you you would like to speak to an attorney you can schedule an assessment online at go.oncehub.com/rhbooknow or you can call us at 303-688-0944.

Marked as spam
Posted by Bill Henry (Questions: 0, Answers: 95)
Answered on January 17, 2022 5:25 pm