Power of Attorney for Sister


My Wife’s sister is 72 yrs old and in an assisted living home in the Denver area. We live in Kansas City. She is not married, has no children has no family in Colorado .My wife is the nearest sibling. The sister is unable to make decisions about her health or to manage her money. What do we need to do to legally manage her finances and possibly her health decisions?

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on March 10, 2022 8:00 am
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

If your sister-in-law has capacity, then she can sign a Colorado medical power of attorney and financial power of attorney. Is she does not have sufficient legal capacity, then your wife will need to go to court and ask to become your sister-in-law's guardian and conservator.

If you would like to speak with an attorney to discuss your situation in more detail and learn your options, you can schedule a consultation online at go.oncehub.com/rhbooknow or you can call us at 303-688-0944.

Marked as spam
Posted by Bill Henry (Questions: 0, Answers: 97)
Answered on March 10, 2022 11:17 am