I-130 pettition for sibling


After 3 years of the I-130 Pettition application filled by my brother in US, i am married now.

Do we have to update the status to the authority to add the change of marital status?

Will i be able to add my spouse or i have to travel alone if my application is approved?

Marked as spam
Posted by Anonymous
Asked on January 30, 2019 6:21 pm
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

The I-130 petition can be updated after it is approved by USCIS. This update can be done with the National Visa Center of the State Department. No specific form is needed. Your brother may send a letter to NVC stating that you, his sister's marital status has changed, and include a copy your marriage certificate. Also, your spouse qualifies as a derivative beneficiary so there is no need to file a separate I-130 petition.

Marked as spam
Posted by jessie@robinsonandhenry.com (Questions: 0, Answers: 1)
Answered on January 31, 2019 8:43 am