The person who married me last year, she left to Mexico. And never came back, I have no idea where she’s at,do I need a lawyer to divorce me?

Marked as spam
Posted by Sergio
Asked on January 26, 2016 6:06 pm
Public question
Disclaimer: The response posted below is based upon the information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney. No Q&A posting or other communication will be treated as confidential from this website and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Private answer

Hi Sergio,
If you can locate her, you can serve her with a petition or dissolution of marriage; she might even sign it with you. If you cannot locate her, you can demonstrate to the Court your efforts to locate her and if permitted, publish the petition over a period of weeks and thereby obtain service by publication. You probably need to speak with a lawyer and discern whether you can handle this matter on your own and to discuss the drawbacks of service by publication. There is no requirement of having a lawyer but you will definitely find it helpful to have one.

Marked as spam
Posted by James Garts (Questions: 0, Answers: 0)
Answered on January 26, 2016 6:17 pm