Many different circumstances can lead to financial struggles. Whether you have lost a job, gotten divorced, had a costly medical issue, or simply made some bad financial decisions, it is important to realize that legal relief from overwhelming debt is available. If you are behind on your bills or are struggling to pay your debts, the Denver bankruptcy attorneys at Robinson & Henry, P.C. are here to help you find solutions.
Is Bankruptcy Right For You?
Many people wait until their home, cars, and other assets are in jeopardy before exploring the possibility of bankruptcy. In reality, you do not have to wait until you hit financial rock bottom to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney who can help advise whether bankruptcy is right for you. In some cases, there may be other debt relief options available and our law firm will evaluate your situation and provide guidance on your legal rights and the best options for you and your household.
If you think you want to file for bankruptcy, it is then important to determine which type of bankruptcy is right for you. There are two primary types of bankruptcy that our firm regularly handles:
- Chapter 7: Known as the “liquidation bankruptcy,” Chapter 7 involves a bankruptcy trustee liquidating certain property to pay your creditors and then the court will discharge any qualifying debts that are left over.
- Chapter 13: Known as “reorganization bankruptcy,” Chapter 13 involves agreeing to a manageable three to five-year payment plan to pay a single monthly payment to the court, which is then divided amongst your creditors. At the successful completion of your plan, remaining qualifying debts can be discharged.
How We Can Help You
At Robinson & Henry, P.C., we assist individuals, married couples, and small business owners with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. We will evaluate your case and advise which type of bankruptcy is most appropriate for you and help you prepare your initial bankruptcy petition and accompanying documents. It is critical to ensure your petition is as accurate and complete as possible to avoid any unnecessary complications down the road. Throughout your case, we will help you every step of the way, including with the following:
- Representing you at the meeting of the creditors;
- Helping you apply Chapter 7 bankruptcy exemptions to best protect your assets and property;
- Reviewing your Chapter 13 repayment plan to ensure it is feasible and fair;
- Representing you in bankruptcy court hearings;
- Standing up for your rights to creditors who will not comply with the automatic stay;
- Ensuring you meet all requirements for a successful discharge of your qualifying debts.
Discuss Your Options With A Denver Bankruptcy Lawyer Today
Having an experienced bankruptcy attorney on your side throughout your case can improve your chances of a successful discharge of debts and starting over with a clean financial slate. At the law firm of Robinson & Henry, P.C., we are proud to help individuals in and around Denver gain control of their financial situation through bankruptcy and other debt relief options. Please call our office at 303-688-0944 for a free consultation with a Denver bankruptcy lawyer today.