Can I Layoff My Employees Because of The Coronavirus
If you are a small business owner, you are likely facing a tough economic outlook and the possible need to reduce your workforce rapidly. The question becomes, what are your options.
Businesses should consider the following:
- Family Medical Leave and whether you are legally allowed to layoff employees
- How you will avoid claims of discrimination
- Your obligation to pay wages to date
- How you will pay bills such as rent and other office expenses, and what to do if you can’t make those payments
- Government funding assistance
Given the swiftness of the current pandemic, you need to be proactive. The 30 attorneys at Robinson & Henry works as a team across multiple areas such as bankruptcy, business, and employment law.
We are extending an assessment to all business owners to assist them during this difficult time. To schedule an assessment, call (303) 688-0944.