Call (303) 688-0944 Now for a Free Consultation with our Landlord-Tenant Attorneys.
Landlord-tenant disputes are common. Fortunately, most could be avoided simply by both parties being aware of their respective rights and responsibilities.
General obligations of tenants
- Pay rent on time
- Use reasonable care and not damage property
- Properly dispose of garbage
- Refrain from taking on additional occupants or subleasing without the landlord’s written permission
General obligations of landlords
- Make property habitable before tenants move-in
- Make and pay for repairs due to ordinary wear and tear
- Refrain from turning off a tenant’s water, electricity or gas
- Provide written notice to tenants when ownership of the property is transferred to a new landlord
- Not unlawfully discriminate
If you have a landlord / tenant question or problem call (303) 688-0944. Your initial consultation is free.
We represent clients throughout Colorado’s front range, most frequently in Douglas, Elbert, Arapahoe, Adams, El Paso, Pueblo, Jefferson and Denver counties.